New Gateway International School (NGIS) is a tri-lingual (English, Chinese, and Khmer) private school licensed by the Cambodian Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport (MoEYS) with a main campus in Makara 7 district (near Olympic Stadium) and a new campus in Sen Sok district (near the airport). There are currently 700+ students in the kindergarten program and 600+ in the primary and secondary programs.
Graduating students receive a high-school diploma from the MoEYS. Students also receive various Cambridge English Language Assessment certifications.
As a result of our steady growth, we are currently hiring well qualified teachers for several positions.
- Make use of a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers (sometimes).
- Teach basic skills such as basic maths, colors, shapes, numbers and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians during Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) four times a year to discuss their children’s progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to children.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play
- Salary 1000$ Up
- Be a native English Speaker (non-native English speakers will not be considered)
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Teaching certification strongly preferred
- Maintain a team spirit
- Enjoy working with kids, be patient and creative
- Be able to peacefully resolve problems with team members, parents, and students
- Be willing to improve one’s skills and learn new ways of teaching
- Follow the core values and mission of NGIS
How To Apply
If interest, please send your CV to address below;
#17, St 484, Sangkat Phsar Doeumtkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Address #2,4, St. 156 corner 211, SangKat Veal Vong, Khan 7Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Experience 0- 2 Years