Smiling Gecko Cambodia (SGC) was officially registered in 2014 as a local non-profit NGO in Cambodia. It provides direct aid in the form of finance and other support to the needy in Cambodia, sponsoring projects that are sustainable both from an ecological and economic standpoint.
- Plan and design detailed drawings, blueprints, specifications and construction documents.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals.
- Directing and overseeing all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering project and a range of contractors and subcontractors.
- Provide input on selecting and hiring contractors,
- Setting contractor schedules and delivery dates for certain elements of ongoing construction projects to involve determining the order in which contractors work on a series of projects.
- Make regular site visits to monitor work progress and serve as a liaison between contractors.
- Ensuring that contractors have available materials and making sure contractors do not cause one another delays due to conflicting project elements.
- Working closely with clients or contractor throughout the project life cycle.
- Providing input on contractor bids to balance quality of work with acceptable margins.
- Identifying opportunities to save by reducing wasteful practices and increasing efficiency.
- To play a vital role in maintaining jobsite safety and include setting and enforcing standards for each jobsite and making periodic site visits to ensure that contractors and crews are following proper safety protocols.
- Works to minimize risk, resolve violations and potential hazards, and prepare incident reports in case of an accident or injury.
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design and engineering work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.
- Attend coordination meetings organized by Executive Director and Contractors, Sub-contractors, and consultants, etc.
- Coordinate the handing over of completed constructions from contractors and make sure the Quality Control has been checked and reviewed.
- Preparing Site submits monthly or bi-monthly progress reports
- Other tasks assigned by Direct Manager.
- Benefit : Accommodation, Food, Insurance, and other attractive benefits.
Salary : Competitive
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as architecture, construction management or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a construction environment or project-based work site.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Previous experience as an Architect preferred
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory standards.
- Possess sound understanding of drawings, interface between different objects and systems.
- Budget management experience required
- Strong project management skills to ensure that large-scale projects are completed on time and that teams achieve construction milestones and deliverables
- Effective team leadership and coordination are vital in this role
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve issues that may arise during the construction process, such as scheduling conflicts or materials issues
- Familiarity with developing a Site Safety plan
- Knowledge of critical scenarios in terms of site management and safety
- Good written and verbal communication skills by English Speaking.
- Knowledge of working related computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills to effectively manage schedules
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends, as needed)
How To Apply
- Address – #4, St. 490, Phsar Daeum Thkov Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia