ASIA-PACIFIC FREDFORT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is an IB PYP, MYP Candidate School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, seeking qualified staff for Academic Year 2018-2019 with the following positions:
Teacher Assistant (300USD-400USD)
I-Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of students;
- Attending school as required by contract and being punctual to classes;
- Discharging effectively such supervisory duties as may be assigned by the school administration;
- Supporting class teachers in the preparation of teaching materials and the decoration of teaching rooms and other spaces;
- Supporting class teachers in the teaching of students individually and in groups as directed by the teacher;
- Supporting class teachers in the supervision, monitoring and direction of students;
- As and when possible and appropriate, providing translation services;
- Participating in and contributing to Primary School or whole school performances and events;
- Come to school on time wearing prescribed uniform and I.D and go home on time.
- Stay outside the gate from 7:00-8:00 am to receive students and parents.
- Help in preparation of materials and facilitating activities in the classroom.
- Manage your class without too much noise. Be careful not to have accident inside the room. You and your teacher assistant will shoulder all hospital bills in case of injury or accident (Please refer to the school policy)
- Decorate my classroom. Erase writings on the board and arrange all things in the classroom before you leaved.
- Communicate with parents or Handle the class, if the teacher is absent, if required.
- Supervise and assist children in the outdoor play, snack and lunch time and swimming
- Assist the children in the school bus.
- Maintain and arrange classroom to ensure that it is applicable for learning and teaching.
- Look after children during the break time.
- Keeping the classroom clean and in order.
- Ensuring the safety and cleanliness of children.
- Assist in school events.
- Help arrange school events and/or activities.
- Performs other related, similar or logical duties as required or assigned.
- Attend technical meetings, administrative meetings, planned school events and other school activities.
- Bachelor degree in Education or education or relevant certificate;
- Familiar with the operational practices and expectations of the school.
- Work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues.
- Deep understanding of Early Childhood students and their needs
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Recent and relevant professional development
- Experience in and understanding of IBPYP (preferable).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are warmly invited to submit resume with cover letter to Asia-Pacific Fredfort International School by #1923, St 6A, Sangkat Chhroy Chanvar, Khan Chhroy Chanvar, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Phone: 023 432 449 / 011 979 079 or
Contact Person : Hean Thareth
Telephone : 092/081 2 04 04 2
Website : www.afisedu.com
Note: For any applicant submitting through email, please kindly state your preferred position in your SUBJECT. As much as we’d like to, we cannot respond to all applicants, only short list candidate will be contacted.
- Address #1923, St 6A, Sangkat Chhroy Chanvar, Khan Chhroy Chanvar, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Salary Offer USD 300 - USD 400
- Experience 0- 2 Years