We are looking for a Translator who will be responsible for English-Khmer-English translation of all documents, communication materials, and the official correspondence of the Bank, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone. In addition, the position is responsible for English proofreading of all internal documents of the Bank.
You need to read and thoroughly understand the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofread finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in Khmer and English. Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us communicate faster and better.
- Head Office, Phnom Penh (01 Post).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate (English to Khmer and vice versa) various documents and materials related to banking and finance, including legal and technical documentation, and researches.
- Proofread and edit documents (policies, procedures, TORs) prepared by other departments for clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Translate marketing and promotional materials, including but not limited to brochures, annual reports, handouts, direct mails, and multimedia materials.
- Consult with product owners and other colleagues in order to understand the concepts and translate them appropriately.
- Use official dictionaries and reliable sources for accuracy, efficiency, and consistency.
- At least 2-year proven work experience as a Translator/Interpreter with the daily output of 2,000-3,000 words.
- Fluency in English and Khmer is a must (proficiency in Chinese is a plus).
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation/Interpreting or similar field.
- Time-management skills.
- Understanding of basic terms in banking and finance industry, business, legal, and technology.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4×6) through [email protected].
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Experience 2-5 Years